Car owners and buyers are very interested in their vehicles’ service histories and maintenance schedules, as these aid in verifying the overall condition of their vehicles. With a car maintenance API integrated into a website or mobile application, car dealerships, auto repair shops, and other vehicle businesses can help customers make the best decisions and track their vehicle’s maintenance schedules. In this article, we will be taking a look at the car maintenance API provided by Vehicle Databases and analyzing how it works.
What is a car maintenance API?
Having an idea of when to carry out maintenance and what specific vehicle parts to maintain is really important for car owners and buyers. This is because the more a vehicle is maintained, the greater its reliability and its resale value. Therefore, having an API that provides maintenance schedules for consumers is a great way to increase your business’s efficiency and encourage sales, as well as a useful tool for your users or customers.
A car maintenance API provides OEM (original equipment manufacturer) maintenance schedules for car owners and buyers based on their vehicle’s conditions and the manufacturer’s recommendations. This is a service you can easily provide by using the vehicle maintenance API provided by Vehicle Databases.
Vehicle Databases is one of the leading providers of APIs to automotive business owners, as it helps them provide a wide range of services to their customers while improving the customer experience and efficiency. Some of the APIs provided by Vehicle Databases are:
- OCR API Services
- VIN decoding API
- Vehicle specification API
- Vehicle market value API
- Vehicle maintenance API
- Vehicle services API
- Auction history API
- Sales history API
- Vehicle media API
- Window sticker API
These APIs provided by Vehicle Databases are providing solutions for several businesses. With the vehicle maintenance API or any of their APIs, automotive businesses can take a big step forward in their businesses.
How does the car Maintenance API work?
The Vehicle Databases car maintenance API is a channel that allows dealerships, auto repair shops, and other automotive businesses to gain full access to their customers’ OEM maintenance plans and schedules. With easy access to this information, they can supply details to their customers upon request.
After integration into a business’s application or website, to successfully call the vehicle maintenance API, all that is required is the vehicle’s year, make, and model. With these three details, this API would scan through a large database and return the following information to customers:
- Maintenance recommendations per mileage count
With this information, customers can be fully aware of the right maintenance procedure to follow according to their vehicles’ mileage. Vehicle Databases provides maintenance schedules and recommendations for up to 200,000+ miles. This means that with just one check, customers will have lifetime access to OEM manufacturer schedules.
Benefits of the Car Maintenance API for Automotive Businesses
There are several benefits businesses can enjoy after integrating a vehicle maintenance API into their websites and applications, and these benefits are:
- Increased efficiency
- Increased sales rate
- Improved customer experience
When your business provides quick and real-time information to customers upon request, you save time and resources that would otherwise have been spent gathering information manually. With the Vehicle maintenance API and a good application, customers can even get timely reminders for maintenance when their vehicles have covered certain mileage. It also serves as a big help to auto repair shops by easily recommending actions to take when a vehicle develops a defect.
Increased sales rate
If you want to see more customers and make more profits, then it’s best to step up your game with a vehicle maintenance API. With this API, you can be sure that vehicles in your inventories, car rentals, or repair shops are up to speed with their maintenance. This way, when customers arrive and check the records, there’ll be no time spent on closing deals, and more time saved is equivalent to more deals sealed.
Increased customer experience
With an API that instantly provides maintenance recommendations to customers upon request, customers can get maintenance recommendations without stress. This increases customer satisfaction, credibility, and brand loyalty.
Now you can see just how valuable a car maintenance API is to automotive businesses. If you are still wondering how this API can be of benefit to your business, then we will examine some use cases in the next section.
Automotive Businesses That Offer Car Maintenance Services
Some examples of automotive businesses that can benefit from utilizing the Vehicle Databases car maintenance API include:
- Auto repair shops: Auto repair shops can make really good use of car maintenance APIs as they can help customers book appointments and receive reminders for regular maintenance. This way, customers can easily be aware of their vehicle’s maintenance schedules and avoid unexpected breakdowns.
- Car dealerships: A car maintenance API also comes in handy at dealerships. With the API, they can offer maintenance plans to customers who purchase vehicles from them and also help customers be aware of their vehicle’s maintenance plans before a car purchase is completed. For dealerships, you would also need a vehicle service API so that you could have full access to the repair and maintenance records of vehicles in your inventory. With past maintenance records and future OEM records available, you are sure to have better customer satisfaction and build credibility.
- Car rental companies: A car maintenance API can also be of importance to rental companies to keep their fleet in good condition, follow the recommended maintenance schedules, and ensure that their vehicles are always safe and roadworthy.
- Mobile mechanics: A car maintenance API can help mobile mechanics keep track of their appointments and schedules and also provide customers with real-time updates on the status of their repairs.
How to get started with the Car Maintenance API
To get started with the Vehicle Databases car maintenance API, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Visit the Vehicle Databases website.
- Fill out the form with the necessary details, including your name, email address, business name, and more.
- Choose the vehicle maintenance API and any additional APIs, such as the vehicle services API, car warranty API, vehicle recalls API or any other API you want to try out.
- To begin, click the “Create Account” button.
- You will receive 15 trial credits right away after registering to test the APIs you chose.
Vehicle Databases currently provide a good number of APIs that are beneficial for both automotive businesses and their customers, as both businesses and customers can gain easy access to vehicle information whenever necessary.